Saturday, May 13, 2006

All those places I got found.

So I've been visiting my beloved Jowie for the past few days, interspersed with visits from Linds and the always delightful Subutron. I feel like an adult again, despite the fact that a good deal of our time is spent jackassing around. On top of that, I don't have to take care of anybody here, and that's liberating. I'm still not employed, leaving the city you live and plan to work in is generally counterproductive in that respect, but spending time here makes me feel like I have prospects again.

Watched the movie Water last night with Jo. Beautiful. Just like we thought it would be. Deepa Mehta is a genius. Another in a series of heartbreaking stories out of India for me and Jo though. Perhaps you'll recall Born into Brothels? Also, I own a couple of books by Rohinton Mistry and Jo borrowed Family Matters. Love Mistry but his books are sure to destroy a little part of your soul. We really need to watch a traditional Bollywood movie, where the couple ends up together and evil characters have funny mustaches to twirl and where it's all set to music.

Jo and her parents have cooked up a life scheme for me. It involves a masters degree and lawyering of the human rights variety and John Travolta, somehow. Also, getting laid by hot celebrities and having famous back up dancers (Jo and Susan) while I teach at what is presumably a prestigious university. It's a cheery if muddled vision of my future. And I'm fairly certain that Jo's parents didn't have much to do with the scenario past being a human rights lawyer. Unless...

I was thinking I might just be a photographer though. Check out the brilly picture of Jo on her roof. The pretext was that her window keeps coming off its track or something. The truth was, Jowie just wanted to go out on the roof.


Home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home