Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Story of Today.

-woke to a google talk message from Jo saying "oh toni, if I could fly you to the moon on a golden statue of sexing men, I would." I have only the vaguest idea of what that means, but it was a lovely way to start my day.

-since I am not a real adult (or not a smart one, at least) , I ignored theweathernetwork.com's warning that it was going to rain today. Not on Toni, I thought to myself and wore flip flops. What is the point, I ask you, of checking the weather if I'm going to go out of my way to dress inappropriately anyway?

-wrote an exam. Right hand is now mush wrapped in skin. I hope you're happy Dr. Miller. Also, I hope you give me a good mark and don't hate me because I didn't go to your seminars. Ever. Realized it was my last history exam (one more for my natural hazards class) and managed to avoid the usual Toni-freaks-out reaction.

-ate food with my favourite insomniac Jo at the Pennywhistle. It's supposed to be an authentic British pub. I think that the Pennywhistle thinks 'authentic British' means 'jammed with as much British crap as possible'. I love it anyway. Sitting right beside a window watching the rain pour down and eating pub food with Jo was one of the high points of my day.

-due to the non-umbrella nature of our walk home, Susan and I were soaked. Absolutely soaked. Right down to the bone. She started singing that song, by Jimmy Buffet, if I'm correct, about pina coladas and getting caught in the rain as we walked down the street to our house. I'm only 45% ashamed to admit I joined in. There's going to come a time, in the not too distant future, where there won't be anyone around to publicly humiliate myself with on a daily basis.


Sometimes I think this blog is nothing more than an account of my descent into madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home