Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What professors are really thinking.

Exam time! Had one yesterday, have another tomorrow. I always wonder what professors are thinking when they're patrolling the room, making sure we're upholding our end of the whole academic integrity thing.

Sometimes, especially when I'm sitting in a class full of miscreants (or the people I've labeled miscreants, even if it's inaccurate) I think they're groaning inside their head at the amount of shit they're going to have to read. When it's a history exam, it's a lot of shit, trust. I like to think I'm fairly concise, and I still filled two booklets yesterday.

I also always wonder how much information professors share. Does the professor that I love know that I was a complete non-entity in another class? Does the professor that gave me a bad mark on a paper talk to the ones that like my writing? Definitely assuming they're thinking about Toni a little too much. I'm sure they don't go out of their way to talk about a student who is at the upper limits of the middle, lower limit of the upper. I'm not brilliant, but I don't smell.

Gotta love the professors that clearly don't care. My exam on Monday was a perfect example of that. I was sitting in the second to last row of the room and our professor was at the front the room obscured by the podium and totally reading. I could have cheated. I could have had all my study notes spread out in front of me and she never would have known. Luckily, or unluckily, I'm chock full of Academic Integrity and it's good friend, Healthy Fear of Authority and it's twin Concern Over the Consequences of My Actions.

I'll be perfectly honest, whilst I was working myself up to some serious hand pain through pages and pages of writing about women's history, I spent a portion of the exam oogling the Rent-A-TA who was grading papers and clearly smiling at what was in front of him. I hope he was laughing at some ludicrous thesis. The thought warms my innards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home