Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Question for You

Does the world really need another Pussycat Doll? Aren't there like, 27.2 already?

I was going to nap. I had a long day at work that started before the sun was up. So I sprawled on the couch in my oldest, grossest track suit (track suits are, by definition, old and gross) and turned on the telly. There's nothing compelling on Sunday evenings. (Except BSG. But I saw the finale for that last week. OMG, etc. And I can't squeal about it properly, because I don't think any of you appreciate it properly and Barb, who claims to be a slacker and a nerd of the highest order, has fallen behind in his BSG). So I thought I'd just turn on the Food Network and fall asleep to the always yummy, Jamie Oliver.

I made the mistake of turning on MuchMusic. That channel really has crapped it up over the last couple of years. Or is that just something you think once you pass the age of 14? Perhaps I will test my hypothesis on Deanna, who can't get enough of Much right now.

I guess The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll is a lot like America's Next Top Model: vapid whores concerned with being sexy. And, you know, I love America's Next Top Model, but hate the Search for the Next Pussycat Doll on principle.

There was, is, a marathon on. A Pussycat Doll marathon. Now, I may have watched MOST of the first episode when it was on, you know, before. I firmly maintain, however, that that was almost entirely because they all got sick and it was really hilarious watching them try to be sexy while vomiting.

I'm not a good person. You're not surprised.

But then I watched one today and no one vomited (on camera), and then I watched another one. And then I started rooting for someone and I just thought to myself, "Toni, you are becoming emotionally invested in this show with more short shorts than you like to see in an hour of television, turn it off before your brain drips out of your ear."

I shouldn't be left alone. Clearly, I can't be trusted. Also, I feel like I've been working forever and haven't seen anybody in forever. The stupid shift I was covering means I haven't seen Deanna since Tuesday and I haven't seen my ladies in a fortnight. And that just makes me sad. Paychecks are nice, but so is having a social life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home