Thursday, February 22, 2007

Insomniac Attack

Apparently it's that time of year. The time where I don't sleep. I'm awake and cold and angry about being awake and cold.

It was inevitable, I've reached that point where my job is no longer new and exciting. I no longer skip to the bus stop in anticipation of the day ahead. I don't hate it, but I am unable to muster up the enthusiasm I once did. Some lady yelled at me today for not being 'Deanna'. Sorry lady, I was born this way. Another lady got angry at me because she'd lost her car keys. Sorry lady, I got bored, decided to steal some keys.

The hot roofer, mentioned in the previous blog, is still working around the building. My girl boner for him has only increased in size with our interactions and his ridiculously beautiful smile. I thought about wearing one of my favourite work-inappropriate shirts today and flirting shamelessly. Then I wised up and decided I didn't want to get fired/called a hooker.

I've hardly seen Deanna since I started on my regular shift at work. I think she's gotten taller. In the past three days. Sneaky jerk. She spent fifteen minutes getting ready for bed tonight. How is that possible when you're twelve and you spend approximately 2.7 seconds brushing your teeth? It concerns me that her ways are becoming mysterious to me.

Also? My dad is in the hospital. He fell last week and broke his knee cap. Had he gotten his knee checked out right away, he probably wouldn't have had to have the surgery. But because he is a bonehead, he waited and now has to have his knee cap pinned back together. This is probably the reason I'm not sleeping, even though he sounds fine and I claim that I'm not worried. I guess I am. I hate my brain. I'd rather be manifestly worried at a decent hour of the day and able to sleep at night. Boo everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home