Thursday, March 02, 2006

Addendum to previous post.

I've realized that Jo's not the only one who listens to "My Humps". Thusly, I've decided to expand my previous threat. Anyone caught listening to said song will get the sand-pants treatment.

Seriously, she's singing about her ass and boobs. How is that a song? She's objectifying herself. Example:

what you gonna do with all that junk
all that junk inside that trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.

Good to know that women can be broken down into their body parts and assigned worth accordingly. Finally, Fergbot has managed to cut out the middle man in discrimination! YAY.

I mean, I've hated a lot of songs in my time (Britney Spears, I'm looking at you) but this is just ridiculous. Remember when the Black Eyed Peas had a soul? Remember when they cared about the world in Where is the Love? Admittedly, social commentary could be couched in a more elegant fashion than "Where is the Love?" but it was still better, by about a million light years, than My Humps.

The only thing "My Humps" has going for it is that it's not Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stefani.

End Rant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Toni:

Marry me



-Taylor

9:09 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Dear Taylor:

Okay. Let's do it at the Albion.

-Toni

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home