Thursday, March 16, 2006

Failing to outwalk the elderly

So I didn't have class today. Never do on Thursdays. Probably should have just stayed home, read The Picture of Dorian Gray and continued to recuperate. I was all stir crazy, though. Needed to get out of the house. As other alternatives failed to present themselves, I decided to go out for a walk. There's a bakery/coffee shop thing that's a good distance for walking from our house so I decided to go there.

Excellent! Coffee. Organic. It's becoming clear to me that when I move out and start brewing coffee all on my lonesome, I'm going to have to buy organic. What a hippie I've become. Never fear, dear reader, I'll continue to wear leather and eat meat. Wouldn't want to disappoint the fans.

Title? Oh yes. So, on the way home there was someone walking behind me almost the entire way. Some old lady. Eventually the old lady crossed to the other side of the street and I got the perverse urge to race her, leave her far behind, prove my youthful vigor. Started walking faster with my coffee and cookie in hand. Didn't take me long to realize I couldn't breathe through my nose or throat, both of them being clogged with significant amounts of phlegm. I'm hot, I know. So I slowed down and the old lady walked right past me, smug look of triumph on her old face.

It's possible that I imagined that look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home