Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Leave me alone.

All I want to do is dick around on the internet, is that so wrong? Deprived of my own computer for weeks, now that I'm on a library computer I really don't want to study for my quiz this evening.

I keep telling myself it's a multiple choice quiz, what does it really matter if I study or not? Then I call myself an idiot because IT'S STILL A TEST AND I AM NOT AN INVINCIBLE TEST TAKING MACHINE. However, the fact that I am writing a blog at the moment rather than reading my notes on the French Revolution may give you a clue as to which of the voices in my head won.

So I totally went on another job interview today. It was at Cinema One this time. Awesome store, movies everywhere. New releases and old movies and foreign films. There was totally this film there by Mira Nair (the woman who did one of my favourite movies of all time, Monsoon Wedding) and I really wanted to buy it. Then I reminded myself that I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. Lisa works there and was sweet enough to tell her boss that I was a cool dude. I really appreciated that because I bet he wouldn't have bothered to call me otherwise. Probably going to have to express my love physically the next time I see her, which is a scary thing, as many of you might know.

The interview went pretty well. I wasn't a moron, which is a big step for me. Hopefully I was vaguely entertaining and engaging.

What I do know for sure is that I get horrible dry mouth when I'm nervous. Everything else was fine. My hands weren't shaking, I didn't even feel particularly nervous. My mouth, however, was like the bloody sahara. I was worried that I looked like some sort of horrible mutant that hadn't produced saliva since elementary school. There were no confused/horrified looks from the potential employer so I was probably okay.

On a completely unrelated note, Jo recently concoted the most innovative and awesome television program on her blog recently, titled Toni and Wasp. If you guys want in, because you just KNOW that we're going to become rich and famous of the t-shirt revenues alone, you should probably send me all your money.

COLDPLAY IS AWESOME. Jo's tired of hearing it...now all of you have to. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

I'm SUPER tired of hearing ignorant morons say they are defending marriage by not letting gay people get married. YOU ARE DEFENDING NOTHING AND ARE, IN FACT, INFRINGING ON THE RIGHTS OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING. Nobody said that everyone has to marry someone of the same sex. THEY JUST WANT THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE. Anyone can get married, ANYONE. Even some crack whore in a pink tube top and a mullet-wearing grease ball who watches too much Nascar in his spare time can get married on a whim, simply because they've both had one too many Jack Daniels in Vegas and happen to be the (collective) owners of one penis and one vagina. SHUT UP WORLD. A LOT.

Fine, I'll go study for my quiz. Leave me alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home