Monday, November 20, 2006

Late.

They let me out of work early today! What a joy! To celebrate, I bought myself a shirt. Having an income is a miraculous thing.

We were so behind in the morning.

Some more advice for any parent that is considering getting their family portrait taken.

1)Do not book your appointment for 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. We will not be on time. I guarantee it. Everyone tries to beat nap time.

2) If you're getting pictures taken on the weekend during the holiday season, double the time you expect to spend with us, bring provisions and maybe a little pillow. We will not be on time.

3) Don't schedule any other appointments for the day you get your pictures taken. You will not be on time.

Seriously, by the time 12:30 hit today, we were 45 minutes behind. The log jam starts in the camera rooms. Turns out, when anyone under the age of 10 is involved, it's hard to get six (or more) useable shots in 15 minutes. Yet we schedule for both camera rooms every 15 minutes.

By the time customers get to me, they've been waiting forever and are often carrying a screaming and/or poopy child. I'm expected to try and foist as many pictures and as much merchandise onto these people as possible. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with it. Kudos to the people that come prepared to spend a bunch of money though, you are my saving grace, even if I think you're a little crazy.

I'm not cut out for a career in sales. I know, you're all shocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home