Monday, October 16, 2006

Working Girl.

Working in a portrait studio is going to be an exercise in the ridiculous, I can just feel it. Mostly my responsibilities today consisted of reading the manual and signing forms and getting affixed with a nametag and an employee discount. In the large manual that I had to read, amongst the many reminders that the customer is always right, the word glamorize appeared at least twice. When I'm presenting the picture options to people, I'm supposed to glamorize their photos. The manual doesn't say how this is to be accomplished. Just that I should glamorize to maxmize my sales.

Ohdearbabyjesus.

Who writes this? Seriously. If you're so concerned about how I'm going to be presenting photos to the customer you really need to do more than give vague statements with words that sound like they're made up. I can only follow directions I understand.

Questionable manual aside, I think I'm going to like working there. The nametag has really won me over. It's gold and doesn't say Toni.

Also, I got to play with kiddies today and because it wasn't my responsibility to get a good shot out of them, it was pretty fun. One of them was in a Minnie Mouse costume! Kids like me. It's adults I, on occasion, have trouble with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Ahh, this is just like "romancing the product!" No, I shit you not. We did seminars on this at BP. Restaurant types are all about it. Don't you love the corporate world?

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home