Monday, October 02, 2006

Tempy.

I worked last week. Another temp assignment. Not in a candy factory! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! It was with a goverment building management facility and I was working reception. An important part of my job was calling the janitorial staff (on a walkie talkie!) when someone vomited somewhere in the building. I was an integral cog in the machine!

Most of it was excellent. Everyone was really nice. There were a few things I'd forgotten about working in an office and that veneer of niceness, mostly insincere or overdone, was one of them. Working in the candy factory they basically yelled and pointed, you can't have polite conversation with earplugs in and the candy coming out of the machine at top speed.

My temp boss made me laugh. He was a short guy with a Bill Gates Bowl Cut (BGBC) but the voice is what really sold me on him. Something like Will Ferrell's voice immodulation bit from SNL only more pompous.

Also something that I think is a part of the mysterious world of office culture that I'd forgotten? Purrell. It's everywhere. Anti-bacterial stuff in the washroom is one thing but it was on every desk and sitting right on my desk in case anyone came in and felt the need to sanitize immediately. And they did.

Makes me wonder what they know that I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home