Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Teacher's Day!


This picture was taken last year in Afghanistan and is of a village school donated by Japan. Now, I'm sure the Japanese were doing a really nice thing when they gave the Afghanis the school, all I'm wondering is what exactly they donated. The cardboard that the teacher is using to illustrate his lesson? The stick holding it up? Surely it's not the sand as I have it on good authority that there's a buyer's market for sand in Afghanistan.

And the ground had to be demined before any cardboard-learning could take place. Not the sweetest piece of real estate Japan! For shame.

You know, I had it pretty rough in highschool too. There was this one portable that was far away from the main building and was really old and leaked when it rained.

Yeah, you win again Afghanistan. I concede.

Picture shamelessly stolen from Slate.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home