Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Crazy runs in the family.


Out for a walk with the sister today. The expression on her face is a physical manifestation of my inner turmoil. If you ever find yourself wondering what I'm thinking, that face is basically it.

So this road closed sign was right near a construction area and I started taking some pictures of the treeline behind the construction. The contrast between the trees and bare earth was interesting, I thought. Out of nowhere a white car drove up and a woman got out and started yelling at me. "Are you taking pictures of the construction?" "No, the trees actually." "You're not allowed!" "Sorry, I didn't know." "If I see you here again I'm going to take your camera away!"

All yelled in her smoke-scratchy voice. I thought she was unneccessarily confrontational. I was there with an eleven year old. I'm clearly not an industrial spy.

If she thought she was going to get her hands on my camera she really had something else coming. Me and Charlton Heston only have one thing in common, and it isn't a penchant for playing historical figures on screen. Like Charlie and his gun, she could pry my camera out of my cold, dead hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home