Monday, February 06, 2006

Today

Don't tell anyone, but I haven't gone to my Monday classes in like three weeks. STOP JUDGING ME. There were a variety of good and not-so-good reasons. Anyway, the point is, I went today and I'm really happy I did.

Things I learned:
-the whole Mary-is-a-virgin thing wasn't official Catholic doctrine until Pope Pius IX said it was so in 1854, although it had been part of peasant folklore for much longer.
-stigmata is gross looking
-Britain was the bomb in the 18th century (and, frankly, continues to be). I'm going to build a time machine so I can go live during that period, possibly in one of the newfangled Georgian cottages.
- quote from my professor: "If there's one thing you can say about the English during this period it's that they liked roast beef and hated everything French." There was, in fact a song about it. AND MY PROF SANG IT:

1. When mighty Roast Beef
Was the Englishman's food,
It ennobled our brains
And enriched our blood.
Our soldiers were brave
And our courtiers were good
Oh the Roast Beef of old England
And old English Roast Beef

2. But since we have learnt
From all-vapouring France
To eat their ragouts
As well as to dance,
We're fed up with nothing
But vain complaisance
Oh the Roast Beef of Old England
And old English Roast Beef

True. To. Life. Friends.

What I ate:
-nothing until 4 p.m. then antijitos and coffee
-then Chinese food
-now pulp-free orange juice straight from the carton.

Plan of attack for this evening:
-finish 4710 presentation summary
-finish 4710 article summary
-read Flag in Exile
-possibly watch bits of brokeback mountain but not the bad stuff...only the stuff that leads me to believe they will be happy for all eternity...'cause there's nothing sadder than Toni sitting in her room crying over a movie. Except, possibly, a clown dying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home