Friday, February 10, 2006

Black coffee isn't your enemy.

Nothing at all of interest or note happened to me today. I wore my robe for a while, danced around in the livingroom for a bit and did a little grocery shopping. Left the house so I wouldn't feel like a sad sack because I totally skipped my seminars today. I just hate pointless seminars.

I visited Chapters while I was out. I was astonished to learn, back in the summer, that you could grab any book off the shelf at Chapters and just sit and read it without buying it. Apparently everyone knew this. Apparently I was the only one who didn't get the memo. The point is, I read The Davinci Code that way, visiting it when I wasn't busy. Then I started reading (visiting) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's longer than the bible, which isn't really a problem for me but it's also boring. Which is. (Grammar at its shoddiest!) But now I can't stop because I'm 404 pages in. I kept reading thinking that it had to pick up sometime but it's been particularly contrary.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman is a different story. While I'm not enjoying it as much as I did Stardust or American Gods, it's still awesome. And set in London. I really can't resist any movie or book set there. Love Actually= particularly embarassing example.

Still reading Flag in Exile but I'm not getting through it very quickly because I tend to read it when I can't sleep and I haven't had any attacks of insomnia lately. Which is definitely goodly. I even got to sleep before 4 AM last night! This = accomplishment.

Everyone seen the Ultimate Showdown? If not, go forth and laugh. I downloaded the song and now it's the only thing I want to listen to. Makes me want to open a can of Shaq-fu on all of you. A loving can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home