Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More political venting.

Great. So the bigoted amendment has been defeated. 49-48. A two-thirds majority is needed to amend the constitution, so technically it lost by 11.

HOW IS THE MARGIN POSSIBLY THAT NARROW?

Ahem.

Thumbs down Vatican, you may have your cute little Cardinals, but I don't care for your assertion that gay marriage threatens the traditional family. First I'd like you to show me, someone who lives with her step-father and half-sister where the traditional family is. And then, if you could, show me how someone else, trying to exercise one of their basic rights by getting married has an effect on my family, okay?

Thumbs up Senator Kennedy. "The Republican leadership is asking us to spend time writing bigotry into the Constitution. A vote for it is a vote against civil unions, against domestic partnership, against all other efforts for states to treat gays and lesbians fairly under the law."

Perpetual thumbs down Bush: "My position on this issue is clear: marriage is the most fundamental institution of our society, and it should not be redefined by activist judges."

I'd argue that it shouldn't be redefined by men that claim to speak for God but so clearly have their heads shoved up their asses.

Yahoo News.
BBC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home