Thursday, June 01, 2006

Look, a matching set.

Maybe it shouldn't amuse me so much that the Cardinals, pictured here on the Pope's recent visit to Poland, all have matching umbrellas. Their outfits are the same, after all. But I just can't get the image of some underling running around and making sure there were enough white umbrellas for the Cardinals out of my head. Or do they get a white umbrella with the rest of the outfit when they become Cardinalled?

Matching outfits is what Catholicism is about, after all. It was one of the first things they taught us in my Catholic highschool. Pearls of important wisdom that I'm passing on to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tones and Jones said...

It'd be funnier if they ran out of the white umbrellas, and one of them had to use a lady bug umbrella, antennas and all!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

So an umbrella they stole from a six year old or you?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home