Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm a sap.


So the lovely Subu and I went to see Pride and Prejudice this evening. Apart from the INCREDIBLY cheeseball ending, it was perfection in an Austen movie. As Susan so aptly put it, we love love. The thing about an Austen movie is that it's all about eyes and significant looks and gestures. The protagonists kiss once in the entire movie. And I'm still sitting there all GUH. Just look at them. Who are you to resist? The whole thing made me ridiculously giddy.

I even like sappy music. I'm listening to Everything I do by Bryan Adams right now and I like it. Not ironically. And that is not an anomaly friends. I won't elaborate because I'd like to at least maintain the illusion of street cred.

Also, HUGE girl boner for the guy that played Mr. Darcy. Hotter than Colin Firth. Hotter than Barb's red hair.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Oh Evan, I once felt thusly. Well, she didn't make me die inside...but we weren't going to be BFF or anything. BUT. This movie could make me love anyone. Even you.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget barb's red hair! mr. bingley's red hair was to die for. i have a fetish. it's name is red-heads.
oh mr. bingley.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

I am down Janina. Mr. Bingley was a delicious morsel of goodness. Let's go to Scotland or something and drool over the preponderance of reds. Perhaps we can herd some of them together in a confined space and admire them en masse.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home