Friday, June 24, 2005

Kirk Cameron just made me vomit in Jo's eye.

Are you recovering your faith in humanity? Do you think that Christians are basically decent people? Even Evangelicals? Well, I've got news for you: Kirk Cameron is crazy.

I like to think I'm generally pretty tolerant. I mean, I do live with Jo and Subu. But Jo showed me this website earlier today and it nearly made my head explode. If you say you're not a Christian Kirk Cameron gives you a rundown of the ten Commandments that basically makes it impossible to have not sinned over and over again. GRRARGH. Then he tells me that God is compassionate and doesn't want me to go to hell.

EXCEPT THAT YOU JUST TOLD ME HE DOES, REPEATEDLY, FOR THINGS LIKE LOVING MY FAMILY TOO MUCH OR THINKING THAT SOMEONE IS ATTRACTIVE.

This is the sort of Christian crap that makes people hate Christians. I'm not going to pretend that I'm ultra religious, or even slightly religious, but I was raised Catholic and I went to Catholic schools for most of my life and that does mean something to me (although I'm still trying to figure out exactly what). I'm offended on behalf of the religion I was raised with but more to the point, stuff like this offends me as a human being. It's Kirk Cameron and his posse saying, 'hey, you thought you were a good person? Well, I've got news for you, you're not.'

This website and these people are what's wrong with the world. That a guy that is at the helm of the United States believes crap similar to this IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD.

Dear Evangelicals, *cough* Bush *cough*

Don't talk to me about religious fundamentalism in the Islamic world until you've cleared that crap up in the United States.

Thanks for nothing,
Pope Toni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home