Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Adventures of Toni and Barb.

So, it turns out that even though I am poor, God insists that I continue to eat and buy groceries. Vondruke! With that in mind, when Barb said "hey I'm going grocery shopping" I said, "hey I'm coming with you."

Little did I know that it would be the best thing I've ever done. First of all, it took us literally three hours to get out of the bloody house. This is what separates me from actual adulthood; this complete and utter lack of ability to get anything done before three in the afternoon. That and the fact that I goaded Barb into buying bubbles while we were out grocery shopping.

However, it was not difficult to goad Barb into buying bubbles. In fact, at 99 cents they were probably one of his more sensible purchases. To illustrate I shall give you an example: I'm on one side of this cheese stand thing looking for not-shitty mozarella and Barb is on the other, examining expensive spreads:
Barb: Toni, do we have dijon at home?
Me: No.

And the dijon was in our cart. Barbie added to that four different kinds of chips and Reese's Peanut Butter cups cereal (among about a million other things). Me: That's like having candy for breakfast. Barb: Why would I want to eat anything else for breakfast?

With all sincerity I have to say: I want to be Barb when I grow up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home