Thursday, April 20, 2006

You make every day like Guy Fawkes day!

V for Vendetta. We all went tonight, just like a family, to see shit get blown up and fascist governments get their just desserts.

At points it was anvil-esque. Natalie Portman's lines at the end, especially. But I enjoyed it. I always like to see things get blown up, after all. And the politically commentary was not unwelcome. Comments on the role fear plays in that sort of government system was particularly relevant, I thought.

Spent a good part of the movie trying to figure out where I'd seen all the random British actors. I recognized the voice of Hugo Weaving early on, 'cause I'm a HUGE Lord of the Rings nerd. You can't all have sex with me at once!

Special mention goes to the dude in front of us laughed at our jokes before the show. He particularly enjoyed my comment that Tom Hanks thought it was okay to hit children as well as my thoughts on a particular Canadian 'reporter' that were as follows:

"What is that skeleton wrapped in leather doing on the screen?"

If I told you I wanted to see the third X-Men movie a lot, would you still respect me? I think I'll place the blame for this X-Men thing on Patrick Stewart. I have an old man crush on him that just won't quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home