Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ennui.

I just woke up from a nap. I used to LOVE naps. Naps were (was?) my 6th class all through first year. 8:30 class? That's fine, go to it, get some breakfast on the way home and nap. That was my routine first year, especially first semester (when I went to my classes, natch).

I really don't take many naps anymore and I can't really figure out why. It's not because I'm less lazy or because I need less sleep or because I'm any more mature (although I would argue that I am).

But I took one tonight. I've wanted to vary my routine (and my increasingly dangerous inclination to skip class and stay home ALL THE TIME) in a way that was fairly cheap (ie. not bar hopping 3 times a week).

Wow. Lots of parantheses so far.

Anyway, to this end I went out with my best boy Barb for breakfast. Nothing particularly special, just crepes at Mountain Hall. Barb, unlike this Mole, keeps the hours of a human, so he scheduled our breakfast thing for 9:30 in the morning. Fine, I said to myself. I'll do it.

And I did. Unfortunately by the time 4 o' clock hit, largely because I'd gotten up drastically earlier but hadn't gone to sleep any earlier, I was dead tired. I nearly fell asleep on the bus downtown which would've been really embarassing as a) I snore a lot when I'm stuffed up, as I am now and b) I drool a lot when I'm stuffed up, as I am now. That's right, I'm a snorer and a drooler, come and get it sexy boys.

Headachey and tired I crawled into my bed and fell asleep and it was the least satisfying nap I think I've ever had. A good nap includes:
-falling asleep easily
-that nice, warm cocoon feeling
-waking up non-groggily

I did not fall asleep easily and I woke up groggy. 1/3 is not good. I've learned my lesson, no naps after 4 p.m. No naps for the wicked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home