Friday, January 13, 2006

Conspiracy Theory

I think the University is trying to sweat me out of existence. It really seems like ever computer lab, bookstore, classroom, eating place and hallway is ridiculously overheated. The jokes on "them", however, because I have situated myself under some vent that is actually spewing out cold air. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Losers.

Anyone heard of the HBO series Rome? It finished downloading a couple of days ago and I watched the first episode last night. It had everything in it that you can expect from an HBO series: violence and plenty of nudity and sex. Naturally, I enjoyed it a great deal. I could complain that all the ancient Romans had British accents but, let's face it, I loved that. All your old friends made an appearance, Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony, Brutus (who was particularly pretty), Octavian (whose testicles had barely dropped) along with a few Roman matriarchs that are not recognizable historical characters but certainly had fairly nice boobies. On second thought, there was a whole lot of female nudity, but hardly any man-bits. Damn misogynists! Down with male pants/togas! That barely made sense. Anyway, I have it on good authority that there is a good deal of male full-frontal still to make it's appearance.

One scene that really struck me about the episode was when the "King of all Gauls" (a character I'm fairly certain didn't exist as the Gauls wouldn't have been organized into a kingdom as such) was stripped and made to kiss Caesar's standard. For some reason I was all: my people!

First episode gets a definite thumbs up. Remind me, however, not to get crucified. Probably one of the most unpleasant ways to die.

When I was young I used to think that the worst way to die would be if you were an astronaut doing a spacewalk to repair something on your spaceship/craft/station and for some reason you were ejected (wrong word, I know) into space with no way to get back or be rescued. Crucifixion is now number one but I still think the whole space thing would be the most lonely way to die.

On that chipper note, I'm off to procrastinate some more before I crack open Scottish history and learn about the diaspora! Exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home