Tuesday, August 23, 2005

All right....don't tell anyone about this, okay?

My hair looks good today. I just thought you should know that. It's nice and shiny and I left it down for the better part of the day and I look more like a human being than I usually do.

In the interests section of my resume I have claimed that I can name all the monarchs of England from the time of William the Conqueror. Jo and I have this theory that no one ever reads resumes and this was sort of my test to see if they in fact do. Also, I was trying to amuse them, the ubiquitous employers, with my oddities. Starbucks didn't appear to be too impressed. Anyways, I just thought, what happens if someone actually calls me in this hypothetical job interview that I will never ever have. I decided I better practice. Turns out I don't know them at all really. I know there were a lot of Henry's (eight) and Edwards (eight as well). So now it's this goal for me. I have to know all the monarchs. I have made a list that I will be carrying around with me so I may someday master it.

I was thinking I might make an acronym but it would be something (exactly, actually, because I consulted The List) like:
WWHSMHRJHEEERHHHEERHHEJMEJC (OR)* CJWAGGGGWVEGEGE.

Catchy.

I'm sick. I think I have this problem where my brain is missing, to coin a phrase from the short-lived-soon-to-be-a-movie cowboyish science fiction series Firefly. Yes, Barb did download it. Yes, we've been watching it. I refuse to be judged by you people.

And to end this nonsense:

A West Wing quote, because they're fun for everyone. Or just me and Susan. (p.s. We have to watch more West Wing muffin. Also, don't you think the WW would be better if Josh and Sam kissed more? Or kissed me more? 'Cause I certainly do.)
Sam Seaborn: Where are you going?
Josh Lyman: Where are you going?
Sam Seaborn: I was following you.
Josh Lyman: I was following you.
[awkward pause]
Sam Seaborn: All right... don't tell anyone about this, okay?


*the O and R stand for Oliver and Richard Cromwell who were technically not monarchs but Protectors of the Realm when England was a Commonwealth. Perhaps I shouldn't learn them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home